Friday, July 22, 2011

Choo Choo!

Day 5: Cripple Creek is a town of casinos, which isn't as great from a morality standpoint, but it does mean they have great, cheap breakfasts. We ate at Bronco Billy's where they have an excellent 49 cent breakfast. Then we rode the train! The train is just a little tourist attraction. They run steam locomotives on a narrow gauge railroad track. Chad's dad works there. The track is only a few miles long. You go down and then they back up the whole length of the track. I was afraid Matthew would sleep through the whole ride, but to my surprise, he woke up. He even seemed to enjoy the ride; the train whistle didn't even phase him. Oh, and we got to see Cripple Creek's famous donkeys. They are descendants of the mining donkeys, so they are considered sacred in Cripple Creek. I'm not joking. I think just looking at one of those donkeys the wrong way will get you a serious fine. Later at the house, Diana and I also tried to take a photo shoot of the boys. Unfortunately, Matthew was not a happy baby at the time. Oh well. You can be picture perfect all the time.

Chad's dad, Doc

On the train
What a cute family

Cameron was all smiles

While Matthew slept

Diana and I


Mark and Matthew

Matthew and I


Cameron and Chad's mom, Victoria, petting the donkeys

Cameron wearing Matthew's hat

Matthew and the kitty

A drooling Cameron

My darling boy

Matthew and Cameron

Matthew with the biggest frown ever. My favorite picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment