Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We are Dynamite!

I'm sure you are all dying to know, but we saw neither David Archuleta nor Steve Young on Sunday. Just Orrin Hatch again. I think he might be in our ward, but his records are in D.C. I do have exciting news. I am now the assistant coach for an 8 year-old girls' soccer team, the Dynamite. Since I am not quite in enough shape to play soccer, I figured I might try coaching. We had our first game on Saturday. We have a large team of 12 girls considering they only play 6 on the field at a time. The girls are just learning to play, so they are entertaining to watch. For example, our girls scored two goals compared to the other team's one goal, but we didn't win. Why, you might ask? Unfortunately, one of our girls forgot which direction she was going and scored on the wrong goal. Haha. She didn't just barely kick it in, either. She juked a couple of the defenders and booted it in the top corner of the net. It was a rather impressive goal, but for the wrong team. The girls have the cutest cheer. I told it to Mark, and he has gotten it stuck in his head. I'll have to get a video of them sometime.

It's never too early to learn to play.

Though, his main interest is in tasting the ball.



No comments:

Post a Comment