Monday, March 19, 2012

Kayscreek Parkway

Today, our new backpack carrier arrived. Since the weather turned nice, I have been really wanting to go hiking. So when Mark got home, we decided to take the carrier out for a test run. Apparently it passed Mark's quality test, and Matthew loved it. In the canyon near our house, there is a 5 mile paved trail through the wetlands. We walked about a mile before turning off one of the side entrances and coming back. It was really nice at first, though by the time we were heading home the wind got a bit cold. But we enjoyed walking through the cattails with F-16s flying overhead. I love living near the Air Force Base.

 Enjoying a hike

F-16

Crashed


Also, on our way back we passed by this house. I think it is one of the neatest houses. I wouldn't want to own it - it's too big. But it would be super fun to rent for a week in the summer; assuming it had a cool setting. Picture it surrounded by woods and maybe with a lake nearby. It would be a pretty awesome spot for a big family reunion.




No comments:

Post a Comment