On the last day of our vacation, Mark, Michael, Anna and I went into New York City. This was my third visit, but Mark and his siblings had never been. I didn't want to overwhelm us trying to see everything, and we wanted to make sure we got home in time to see his grandparents again, so I planned a manageable route near Times Square. So we saw Times Square, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Saks Fifth Avenue, Grand Central Station, Chrysler Building, New York Public Library and Bryant Park. Right next to Bryant Park the road was closed for a street fair. It was like being able to go shopping in Chinatown without actually going all the way down to Chinatown. I got a super cute purse, which is a knockoff of something, but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I really wanted something that was big enough to double as a diaper bag, but stylish enough to be a nice purse. Also, we bought a nice picture for our living room. It wasn't until we got back to Princeton that Mark's dad pointed out that the picture is of San Francisco. Haha. I still love the picture though. I just won't tell everyone I bought it in New York.
We also got to go to a play on Broadway. Michael and Anna went to Newsies, which they said was really good. Apparently the choreography is amazing, which it even won a Tony for. Mark and I decided to go see Mary Poppins. I'll be honest, it was good, but not great. They changed the story line, which was fine, but they changed the lyrics in the songs, but it wasn't always easy to understand what they were singing. The children needed to enunciate better. Oh well. Afterwards we met up with Anna, Michael and Michael's friend for dinner. Michael's friend was doing an internship in the city, but had accidentally reserved us dinner at a restaraunt across town. So we randomly chose a place, Daniela Trattoria, and it was not only delicious but also suprisingly affordable. All in all, it made for a good end for our trip.
Times Square
That's us in the top left corner
Mark, Anna and I at Rockefeller Center
New York Public Library
Awesome Italian restaraunt
No comments:
Post a Comment