Saturday, February 1, 2014

Airplanes, Doughnuts and a Baby Girl

Last Tuesday, my sister-in-law Melissa went in to have her baby induced. I decided to drive down and take Ayden for the day to allow Melissa's mom to be there for the delivery. I was going to take the kids to the zoo, but I remembered last minute that I was supposed to go visiting teaching. Thus, we headed back up to Layton and visited with a sister in my ward. Then we went to the Air Force Museum. The boys had a wonderful time walking around looking at the airplanes and helicopters. I just let them roam wherever they wanted. Afterwards, we went to Krispy Kreme to get he boys - and me - some delicious doughnuts. I didn't realize that the one in Layton is one of only two in the whole state. It was quite the event. The boys got to watch the doughnuts being made, and then head to the counter to pick out a doughnut. They even got fun hats to wear. It made for quite a fun activity without costing much money at all. Later in the evening, I took Ayden down to the hospital for both of us to meet baby Katherine. And to top it off, I had soccer game afterwards. A busy day, but one full of memories.

Ayden, Hannah and Matthew with the SR-71

Ayden

Hannah

The boys went round in a circle holding that rope probably 20 times

"I want to touch an airplane."

Ayden and Matthew

Ayden and Matthew at Krispy Kreme

Hannah Boo at Krispy Kreme

Katherine Lawon Pingel
6 pounds 6 ounces
18.5 inches long

No comments:

Post a Comment