Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Discovery Gateway and Liberty Park

We had a few adventures in March. I took the kids to the Discovery Gateway children's museum at the downtown Gateway mall. The museum was having a free day, so it was pretty crowded. The kids had fun. Luckily we discovered the 3 years and under area where Hannah could also wander around. Matthew enjoyed the water play area. We also got to sit in the interior of a commercial jet and a Safe Flight helicopter. To top it off, I parked at the City Creek Mall and we rode the Trax back and forth to the Gateway mall.

Our other Salt Lake adventure was this past Friday. Mark had the day off, so we took the kids to the zoo. Afterwards, we decided to stop and visit Melissa and the kids, but they weren't home quite yet. So we stopped at Liberty Park just south of downtown. It's a gigantic park for Salt Lake - 2 square city blocks. I wish we had a similar park closer to us. It had lots of paved sidewalk, but also a mulch running trail. The best feature was all the tall trees. The parks closed to my house have no shade at all. We got to check out two playgrounds, one which even had a special section for disabilities. We had a nice visit with Melissa and then headed home. I have to admit, I really do love visiting Salt Lake. Having lived downtown, I really have an affection for the city. Though, with the kids, I do love having a house in the suburbs.

Hannah climbing the ramp

Hannah and the swan

Matthew intensely focused

My crying babies

What a good big brother

Going fast

On the swings at Liberty Park

Hannah swinging

Crawling around

No comments:

Post a Comment