Friday, May 1, 2015

Hannah's 2nd Birthday

Last Sunday was Hannah's second birthday. The week leading up to Hannah's birthday, Matthew was distraught that her birthday was coming first and his wasn't for another two weeks. On morning when he first woke up, I asked him, "Matthew, how are you?" "I'm still three," was his reply. Her birthday started out well. Mark managed to convince Matthew to get dressed for church, which we've been struggling with for the last few weeks. Hannah even decided to pick out her own headband, that of course didn't match at all. But she looked darling. After church, I picked up Hannah from nursery and she had received a bubble wand for her birthday. When Matthew saw it, he threw an absolute fit. We ended up having to carry him out of the building while he screamed, "My birthday!" over and over. He screamed it all the way home and then refused to take a nap. I was super worried he would throw a fit during her party, but remarkably he did just fine.

For her birthday dinner, we decided to do waffles with bacon and hashbrowns on the side. Unfortunately, we didn't really think things through, and ended up calling Benjamin last minute to bring some eggs and milk as we were out. Since we had dinner with Mark's family the week before, we decided to just invite up my side of the family. Aaron and Melissa, Benjamin and Jess and even my Grandpa Pingel all came over for dinner. Hannah seemed to really enjoy her gifts. She got some my little ponies from us and from Benjamin and Jess. Aaron and Melissa got her some darling pajamas. Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Pingel got her a giggle toy that she absolutely went crazy for. On Wednesday, Mark's parents' package arrived with a baby doll for Hannah. Yesterday, she was sitting on my lap in the rocking chair and singing "Rock-a-bye Baby" to her baby doll. I still need to go pick out some shoes from my parents.

To top off the evening, I walk into Matthew and Hannah's room, and Matthew had taken all of Hannah's ponies and lined them up on his headboard. Haha. I took them down before bedtime and gave them to her, which prompted one last meltdown from Matthew about the injustice of having his birthday after hers.

Love her expression

My birthday girl

Having fun before church

Katherine

Matthew, Hannah and Katherine

Having fun with Uncle Aaron

Daniel

Daniel playing peek-a-boo

Reading a birthday card

My little ponies

Hannah loved her giggle toy

Happy Birthday, Hannah

With Great-Grandpa Pingel

No comments:

Post a Comment