On our way to Ohio, we decided to take what Mark and I dubbed "The Great Northern Trek." Mark had never been to Mt. Rushmore, so we drove pretty far out of our way to visit the monument. I'm not fully sure if it was worth the extra hours we took getting there, but we did have a great time visiting. The Black Hills area of South Dakota was very pretty. We even saw a bunch of big horned sheep right off the road. The monument is cool, but only holds the kids' attention for about two seconds. However, there was a Presidential trail that went to the base of the monument. It mostly consisted of a boardwalk with lots of stairs. Not terribly stroller friendly, but the kids had a blast. It circles back around to an art studio where they have sculpting demonstrations - however, it was closed when we were there. But the monument is an amazing feat. Also, our trip to Mt. Rushmore let me check off both Minnesota and Wisconsin from my list of states to visit. I only have twelve left!
Washington, Jefferson, T. Roosevelt and Lincoln
Mark
Hannah and Matthew
Henry and I
"Come on, Daddy"
View from the cave
How cute is he!
No comments:
Post a Comment