One thing I like about my ward is all the nice older couples. We live in a ward where everyone is newly wed or nearly dead, as the saying goes. We have one young women in our ward and maybe 10 primary children. Near the end of sacrament meeting, Matthew was in a good mood. He was standing up and looking around, and the older couple behind us commented on how cute he is and asked his name and age. It always makes me happy when people comment about how cute my baby is, because he definitely is (see the pictures below). Well, I come to find out that this nice old genteleman was Orrin Hatch, the U.S. Senator for Utah! First Elder Perry, now Senator Hatch. Mark and I are speculating on who we will meet next week. My fingers are crossed for David Archuleta. Mark is pulling for Steve Young.
I think that's funny—I would have recognized Orrin Hatch, but I know for a fact I wouldn't immediately recognize David Archuleta. I can say that authoritatively, because I actually ran into him here in Nashville a few months back, and I didn't know who he was. He looked vaguely familiar but I don't watch American Idol at all, and I just thought that we had met before and didn't think much about it. It wasn't until we finished our brief chat that some teenage girls came by all aflutter about having met David Archuleta, and I realized who he was. (He's actually quite short, and looks like he's 16 years old.)
ReplyDelete