My neighbor asked if I would babysit her 7 month old for three days while her husband was out of town (he works from home so he usually watches Parker). Of course I agreed thinking it couldn't be that bad. Oh, how wrong I was. Just two hours into the first day, and I was already sobbing. Parker has a really loud (and annoying) wail and any time Parker would cry, Matthew would cry. I couldn't get Parker to eat, or sleep. To make matters worse, whenever Parker would see Matthew, he would just start crying. It was awful. Thankfully, Mark came to my rescue and came back super early from school. We basically had to keep the two babies in separate parts of the house - not an easy feat when you have such a small house.
I didn't have the heart to tell my neighbor how awful our day had been. Fortunately, she had already decided to take Friday off work, so Mark and I only had one more day. So, today we prepared for the worst. And actually, it was super easy today. Parker had gotten some sleep the night before, had a big breakfast, and wasn't quite so upset that his dad was gone. It went so well that Mark even went into school this afternoon leaving me with both babies for a little while. And I got some super super cute photos of the two boys. You know, I think I could have done tomorrow all by myself - but I think one baby is enough for now.
I also let Matthew test out Parker's walker with the following results:
You are so brave rachael!! I have never watched another baby with Cameron. Lol I'm too afraid! So big applause from me!! Sorry it made you cry sometimes with cam it made me come to tears just due to tiredness. Good job!!
ReplyDelete