Friday, November 18, 2011

A week at Christine's

Earlier this month, my aunt and uncle took a 10 day vacation to Hawaii. So Mark and I moved into their very nice house for a week, with just one catch: the house came with 3 girls and a dog. It was a very different experience. We realized their master suite is as big as our whole apartment. It was fun having a large kitchen, even though I couldn't find anything, and oh how I miss carpet. Matthew seemed to enjoy our time there. The girls loved him, and spoiled him just a bit. He even took advantage of the carpet and learned to getting on all fours and rock back and forth. Crawling is coming soon. Unfortunately for him, our hardwood floors are too slick for him to get up on his knees.

Matthew helping with the laundry.

  Jacob was in town for a wedding, so we had a party. Both Benjamin and Aaron came up, too.

Makenna always wanted to play the card game Spoons. Matthew just wanted to play with the spoons. Once, we were playing and Makenna grabbed a spoon. Lexi and I went to grab the remaining spoon, however, Matthew had managed to flip onto his stomach and had the spoon under him. I reacted first, but accidentally grabbed his toy keys; Lexi got the spoon. Poor Matthew just started wailing because we had taken everything away from him.

Lexi being silly.

Mark tried to take pictures of the girls one evening while they tried to hide. This shot of Makenna was the only one he managed to get with one of the girls in it.

Kaelyn had her first school dance.

Her dress was super cute, and about the puffiest thing you've ever seen.

Makenna liked to hold Matthew, but it always scared me a bit because he's half her size. She was amazing at getting him to stop crying. She would just jump out from behind furniture to entertain him whenever he got fussy.

Matthew playing with his new tractor, a toy I salvaged from one of the bags they were planning to donate.

Lexi was super helpful as well. She would carry him around for me when I needed my hands free, and would even feed him for me.


I know it's dark, but here is Matthew trying to figure out how to crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment