Sunday, June 10, 2012
Rearranging the house
Mark and I have been working hard on the house - at least relatively. Nothing compared to Peter and Becca. Mark came home one day last week to discover that I had rearranged all the furniture by myself. I impressively managed to move both of our heavy couches and two large bookshelves. The house looks so much nicer now. The layout is just a bit more inviting and functional. I should have taken some before pictures, but alas, I forgot. We hung up all of our artwork, so the walls aren't so bare. And I decided to store my books in the glass front cabinets in the dining room since I don't have any fine china to display. Also, I went through our basement and cleaned out all the boxes. Now everything either has a place in the house or is in the crawl space. Mark painted our rusty front railing, and it looks so much nicer. We planted strawberries in our garden, as well as some herbs: chives, oregano, basil and parsley. I also went through and refined our organization in the kitchen to make it much handier. I did the same with the garage, and organized the pegboard with Mark's tools as an early Father's Day present. Tomorrow, I shall even build a custom tiered shelf for my spices with Mark's help. I'm realizing that organization is really the key to have a clean house. The mantra: "A place for everything, and everything in its place." keeps running through my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment