Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day

I had a very good Memorial Day. Mark went in to school for the day, so Matthew and I were without a car. But even that couldn't stop us. I checked the local classifieds, and the only yard sale listed just happened to be in my neighborhood. So, Matthew and I went hunting and found treasure! To be specific, we found Final Fantasy VII for only $1. Mark has been talking for ages about how he wants it, so I decided to surprise him. I also found a nice copy of The Origin of Species for myself. Then we were off to Ace Hardware to buy sprinkler heads. Then we stopped by at Walmart and bought groceries. As we left Walmart, I couldn't help admiring the petunias, so decided to buy some. Lastly, on the way home, we passed by a house that had a bunch of free stuff (leftovers from a yard sale, I think) and the couple was so nice. They saw Matthew and fished around the garage for any baby things they had. I ended up with a pair of shoes and a Superman costume for Matthew! I was amazed at how much stuff I was able to fit into my stroller basket. To top of our holiday, we went to my grandparents' house for dinner. Grandpa cooked some delicious steaks, and Grandma made an amazing blackberry cobbler. Matthew was the entertainment of the night. He decided that that moment was the perfect time to learn how to spin.

Here, Kitty.

Aaron and Mark

My petunias


No comments:

Post a Comment