Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy Holidays

We really enjoyed spending time with family this holiday season. Benjamin and Jess stayed at our house Christmas night and the night after because of a snowstorm. My parents arrived in town late Christmas Eve, and stayed at my grandparents' house until a few days after Christmas, when they switched to our house. The day after Christmas we braved the storm to visit the Air Force Museum and receive a personal tour from my Grandpa Pingel, who is a volunteer there.

The next few days were full of lots of train game and playing with Matthew. Jacob and Serene came up the weekend after Christmas and stayed through New Year's Day. Mark and I spent a low key New Year's Eve with my parents. After putting Matthew to bed, we watched Men in Black III, which was entertaining, though I will never watch it again. Dad left on January 2nd, and my mom hung around a few days longer to get her absolute fill of Matthew before having to go back to work. On Thursday night, my father-in-law came to visit and spent the night. He was in town for his cousin's funeral, and so got to come up and play a little basketball with Matthew.

On Friday, my mom took Matthew and I to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, Utah. The aquarium is pretty small - it looks like they converted an old Toys R Us into an aquarium. But Matthew enjoyed running around seeing all the fish. Since our visit, he has constantly been pointing out fish in his books and making his fish sound (I need to post a video of all his animal sounds.)

With Grandpa Pingel at the Museum

Matthew the pilot

Benjamin and Jess

Playing ball with Grandpa Robison
 
Grandpa Robison

At the Aquarium

Matthew and I

The Penguins with Grandma Pingel
 
Playing at the mall

No comments:

Post a Comment