My other project was to paint the wood trim around the French doors to the deck. It was in desperate need of painting. So about two Saturdays ago, I decided that I was just going to do it. I prepped it all, and was ready to paint around 5ish. It was overcast, but I could have sworn the weather forecast said it wasn't supposed to rain. So Mark took the kids for a walk to keep them away from the paint, and I set to work. It doesn't take that long to paint wood trim. But at about halfway through the wind pics up. The wind gets stronger and stronger, and then it starts sprinkling. We have an awning over the doors, so I decided to leave it out to help protect my paint and I quickly finished. Meanwhile, Mark's at the park with Matthew and Hannah. Suddenly there is a big flash of lightning close by, and Matthew decides to wants to go home. Mark starts walking home, and the wind starts really picking up. He realizes it's time to start running home (he had the jogging stroller, thankfully). So I'm rushing to peel the painter's tape and get everything inside and it starts raining hard. Mark gets home just then and starts to help. Then it starts hailing and we are still trying to get everything inside. The deck was covered in hail. Luckily, my paint job survived the rain and hail just fine.
Before: I hated the beige color
After: Stripes!
See my nice paint job on the trim.
No comments:
Post a Comment