Friday was my birthday, and I lucky one it was. Friday the 13th always bodes well for me. Mark fed me breakfast in bed, which was delicious. Unfortunately, Matthew wasn't so thrilled at the prospect. I could hear him downstairs in the kitchen yelling, "Mama, come downstairs." Mark had his thesis defense that afternoon, so I dropped him off at the U and then took the kids over to Aaron's house. I got to attend Mark's defense, which was fun. He passed with flying colors, and now we are finished with school! We picked up the kids from Aaron's house and then went downtown to see the lights on Temple Square. We didn't stay too long because it was pretty cold, but the kids enjoyed it. On our way back to the car, we stopped and bought hot chocolate, which was a big mistake. It was way too hot for Matthew, and he begged for some the whole time. Oh well. We ended the night with pizza and a Christmas movie (though the pic below is from a different night.) To complete the night, Hannah learned her first word: "Dada." What are the chances that both Matthew and Hannah would learn to say "Dada" on my birthday, two years apart?
Quick explanation on my second picture. Matthew has been fascinated by the concept of being in the dark. So the other day I made a little fort out of an end table. When Hannah woke up from up her nap, Matthew wanted her to play in the dark, too. The two of them had a blast.
Watching a Christmas movie with Daddy
Playing "In the Dark"
Mark and Matthew at Temple Square
Hannah and I at Temple Square
No comments:
Post a Comment