Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving weekend started of well. Mark unexpectedly got a half day off work, so he was able to help me clean the house. Michael called with some random questions, and happened to mention that they were coming that night, which I did not realize. So we had a heads up and were able to finish cleaning and enjoy their company. Also, arriving on Wednesday night allowed us to do a Robison family tradition - the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. We jogged up to the park - and yes, I participated even though I am not in any of the photos - and did a race around the park's quarter-mile loop. After the loop in the park, Mark took the kids in the stroller and everyone did a 6 mile run, while I went home and relaxed.

Our Thanksgiving went well. We should have bought our turkey a few days earlier to let it thaw longer. We were a little late getting the turkey in the oven, so we had to push back dinner. But everything went well. My brother Aaron and his family came over to dinner, as well as my grandparents. I successfully managed to delegate out the dinner assignments, so I didn't have to do anything for dinner. With such a large group, we moved our dining table into the front room. To give more room, we put our sofa, sofa chair and coffee table into the dining room. It was fun to sit on the couch in the dining room and chat with whomever was in the kitchen. I'll have to do that again for Christmas.

Mark's siblings stayed through Friday. They did a bit of Black Friday shopping and helped us put our Christmas tree up and the lights up on the house. In all it was a great Thanksgiving. Now it's time for Christmas!

Mark's first time jogging with both kids

Ready to start the Turkey Trot

Michael and Anna at the finish line

Hannah and Matthew

Matthew running with his aunts and uncles

Mark with the turkey

Anna, Michael, John, Grandpa Pingel, 
Grandma Pingel, Aaron and Melissa

Grandpa Pingel, Grandma Pingel, Aaron, Melissa, Ayden, 
Matthew, me, Hannah, Mark, Anna and Michael

Matthew, Anna, John, Michael, Hannah and Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment