Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Matthew!

Matthew's birthday was on the 9th. Now I have a 1 year old! Crazy. We went to the doctor the other day, and found out that he weighs 21 pounds and is 29.5 inches tall. I decided to keep his birthday low key. We had my grandparents over for dinner. I made Matthew's favorite: pasta primavera and peas. Matthew understood the concept of opening presents better than at Christmas. He got plenty of presents, that's for sure. I went a little overboard and got him some dress shirts, pajamas, a toy piano, and some books. Mark's parents got him some cute clothes and a toy gumball machine, which he loves. My parents got him some darling clothes and a toy chest. And my grandparents got him a movie, and a ball that lights up if you throw it down hard enough. Needless to say, a ball that lights up when you throw it quickly topped Matthew's list of favorite things. On his actual birthday, I decided to make cupcakes so I wouldn't have so much leftovers.Then on Sunday we had Mark's family over: his sister, Anna; his brother, Michael; his cousin, Matt Dunstan; and his cousin's wife, Kate. Anna gave him some more clothes and some dino shoes. Matthew rather enjoyed having everyone dote on him, and loved having more cake.

Playing catch with Great-Grandma Pingel

What's inside?





Mommy and Daddy

Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Pingel

He loved the gumball machine.

In his new pajamas

Dino shoes from Aunt Anna

With Matt Dunstan

With Aunt Anna and Uncle Michael

Is that for me?

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Matthew!!! Can't wait till we get to see you guys again!!

    ReplyDelete