So, Mark's dad has had a lot of business in Salt Lake over the last few years, so we are lucky to be able to see him every few months. This last trip, his first day in town happened to coincide with our pediatrician check-ups for both Matthew and Hannah. Since I haven't found a pediatrician in Layton, we still go down to Salt Lake. I wasn't ready to brave the pediatrician by myself - the logistics of getting to children crying from shots from the doctor's office back into the car seemed too daunting. So Mark came too, which worked well for us to visit his dad. Ironically, neither Matthew nor Hannah had any scheduled shots, so my worries were unfounded. However, after our visit, we drove out to Park City to meet at Elwin's hotel since his hotel had a pool. Elwin enjoyed seeing Hannah for the first time, and Matthew enjoyed playing in the water. He mostly stood on the top step and kicked water at Mark.
Elwin also was able to stay at our house Saturday night and Sunday. Once again, his timing was excellent. That Friday, Mark and I finally purchased some items for our gigantic empty deck - a grill and some patio lounge furniture. It ended up raining that whole weekend, but at least it stopped raining long enough for us to grill dinner on Saturday with Elwin and also dinner on Sunday with Elwin and Mark's siblings. Mark has decided that the grill was a wonderful purchase - I think his comment at our first dinner was that we should grill every day. I'm enjoying having it - though I still haven't actually touched it yet.
Grandpa Robison and Hannah
Matthew and Mark
Hannah and her snow leopard
Our new grill
Grandpa showing us how to grill vegetables
No comments:
Post a Comment