Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hogle Zoo

On Saturday, my mom took us and Aaron's family to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. She actually bought us a year pass as a Christmas present, so we will be going back often. This was Matthew's first trip to the zoo. I learned from the Dinosaur Park, and we borrowed a baby carrier instead of using the stroller. The zoo was packed, so I'm glad we didn't have the bulky stroller. Ayden and Matthew seemed to enjoy all the animals. A large chunk of the zoo was under construction; they are opening an African savannah area next year. But they had recently finished a major construction project at the opposite side of the zoo. The made new habitats for the bears, and added a polar bear, sea lion and seals. The other animal that was lots of fun to see was the tigers. We got to see one playing in the water, and another pacing up and down a bridge. It was a fun day, and very good exercise for me.
 
Mark carrying both the kids

Mark, Hannah, Matthew and I
 
Ayden and a monkey
 
Aaron, Melissa and Ayden

Mark, Matthew and I

Holding hands


Ayden

Matthew

Mom with her kids and grandkids
 

No comments:

Post a Comment