Thursday, October 24, 2013

Arches National Park

Last week, we went to visit my brother Jacob in Colorado with my brothers Aaron and Benjamin. We decided to visit Arches National Park on our way down. We got off much later than we were planning. Consequently, on Friday we only had time for one small hike. We visited Double Arch, which is the arch shown in the beginning of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It was only a quarter mile walk to the base of the arch, and then there was plenty of places to climb the slick rock. I hadn't been to Arches since I was a kid, so it was fun to go back. Because we didn't have much time on Friday, we decided to return on Sunday on our way back home. We did the Park Avenue hike - actually, I fed the baby and then met everyone at the end of the hike. I had a nice conversation with an international couple - he was from Hungary and she was from Malaysia. Benjamin got to practice his Malay and they took a group photo for us. I love meeting people from all over at the National Parks. Our last hike was the Delicate Arch viewpoint. I would have loved to hike to Delicate Arch, but practically speaking, it would have been a terrible idea with the three kids. We did the viewpoint hike, which was nice, though the kids were all very tired. Of course, Matthew fell at the very end and scratched up his face. All in all, it is a gorgeous park. Sometime, I'll go back and hike Delicate Arch again, and maybe even go for a bike ride in the Moab area.

The Old WPA poster of Double Arch
 
Double Arch


Melissa and Hannah

Benjamin

Benjamin and Jess

Mark and I

View from the Arch

Benjamin and Jess

Matthew and Ayden

Ayden and Aaron

Ayden and I

Mark and Matthew



Melissa, Aaron and Ayden




Delicate Arch

Benjamin, Jess and Hannah

Matthew and Ayden
 

No comments:

Post a Comment