Monday, September 1, 2014

West Thumb Geyser Basin

After breakfast, we drove over to the West Thumb Geyser Basin. It's a pocket of geothermal features nestled along Yellowstone Lake. It was fun to see the hot springs and pools interact with the lake. One thing I noticed while we were there: Children always wait until you are at the farthest point on your hike before deciding they cannot walk another inch. So Matthew had to be carried and Hannah was determined to walk at her very slow pace. Of course, they also must decide to do this the only time of the whole weekend where we actually have to be somewhere at a specific time. But we got some great pictures, and Mark and I really enjoyed the hike.

West Thumb Geyser Basin



Matthew racing ahead

Hannah enjoying her view

Matthew, Mark and Hannah

Ready to get down

Mark, Hannah, Matthew and I

"I wonder if there are any bugs in Daddy's hair."

A chipmunk

No comments:

Post a Comment