Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Weekend at Jacob's

We spent the weekend of the 19th at Jacob's house. We kicked off the weekend watching Jacob's high school boys' team play. It was fun to see Jacob coach. He reminds me of our dad. Then on Saturday, we went to a nearby park and took Jacob's dog, Mishka, with us. Surprisingly, Matthew seemed to warm up to Mishka some; he's usually terrified of dogs. Hannah was excited to pet the doggy, but not so excited about Mishka's kisses. We then went swimming at the Fruita Rec Center. The Rec Center was a really nice building with a library, gym, basketball courts and pool. The pool had a large children's area, and a really cool whirlpool section that was a little like a mini lazy river.

On Saturday night, Mom watched all the kids and we went out to a drive-in movie. The first movie was The Maze Runner. I've actually read the books, so I was curious how the movie would be. We missed the first 15 minutes of the movie, so maybe that's why I never really felt like I connected with any of the characters. The plot was basically just as convoluted as the book. I wasn't really terribly impressed. The second movie we saw was If I Stay, about a girl who's been in a car accident deciding whether she wants to live or die. I rather enjoyed the movie, though it had plenty of faults. We headed back home after church on Sunday. It was a short trip, but it's always lots of fun to see Jacob and Serene. And Violet is just so cute. She reminds me so much of Hannah - except for those vivid blue eyes.

Violet

Violet and Serene

Mark and Matthew

Hannah and Violet

Violet
Violet and Grandma Pingel

Hannah

Look how long her hair is!

Hannah

Matthew, Mark and Hannah

Jacob and Mishka

Matthew, Serene, Grandma and Hannah

Serene, Violet, Hannah and Mark

Serene, Violet and Jacob

I love this picture of Serene and Violet

Mark and Hannah

Grandma and Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment