Thursday, April 16, 2015

An Eventful Spring Break

For spring break, my in-laws came and stayed with us for a week in March. Elwin had work in Salt Lake, and Diane came along for a nice visit. Our visit started out nicely. Diane and I took the kids to the library and the park. Of course, that was the only time I pulled out my camera. Then in the evening, Mark, Elwin and Matthew went to a Manly Madness function the Elder's Quorum was holding for the men of the ward. Diane and I decided to do a girls' night out, since I didn't feel like cooking dinner. On our way to the restaurant as we drove through an intersection, a car going in the opposite direction tried to turn left right in front of us. It literally came out of nowhere. We smacked straight into the passenger side of their car at 40 mph. Luckily, the other car didn't have any passengers and no one was injured. Our seat belts, airbags, and car seats performed marvelously. Hannah only briefly cried out mostly from fright, and then was perfectly fine. The most traumatized was probably Matthew (Actually, it was probably me. I was definitely in shock, and had nightmares for a while. I was terrified to drive the rental for awhile.) The boys came from their party, and arrived in time to see the tow truck take away our blue car. He still talks about how the blue car and the white car crashed, and the tow truck took away our blue car and threw it away. Our Elantra was a total loss, which given its age didn't take much damage to accomplish. We were so excited to see it reach the 200K mile mark. But, alas, it only made it to 186K. Ironically, almost exactly four years ago, my Honda Civic was totaled - also not our fault - when it had 198K miles.

Hannah and Matthew

Hannah and Matthew with Grandma Robison

Matthew

Matthew refuses to look at the camera for pictures

Pooh sticks

Where did they go?

More Pooh sticks

Digging in the dirt

Hannah and Grandma

Hannah and Grandma

Say goodbye to our 2004 Hyundai Elantra


No comments:

Post a Comment