Thursday, April 16, 2015

Red Rock Canyon

On Friday morning, we decided to drive out to Red Rock Canyon National Park and do some hiking. The Park is a 13 mile one-way loop road with hiking trailheads and overlooks off the road. We ended up stopping at the first pull off, Calico I. It had a trail that hiked along the Calico Hills, but mostly you walked a quarter mile or less and then climbed around on some awesome rocks. Matthew had a blast climbing on the sandstone features. Hannah had a hard time, and by the second time she fell she decided it was better to be carried. It was a perfect little spot for Matthew. Afterwards, we stopped at the Lost Creek Children's Discovery Trail. This was a .75 mile hike out to a little waterfall. The hike itself was great, but the waterfall made the hike worth it. I didn't bring my camera on that hike, but it was crazy to see a waterfall in the middle of the desert. If you ever want to see "the natural side of Las Vegas" as it was advertised, I would definitely recommend Red Rock Canyon.

Red Rock Canyon National Park

Benjamin, Jess and Daniel

Matthew

Hannah and Mark

Aunt Jess and Matthew

Hannah, Mark and I

Matthew

Hannah and I

It's missing part of its tail.

Uncle Benjamin

Matthew, Mark and Hannah

Exploring a small slot canyon

Mark and Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment