Monday, August 12, 2013

4th of July

We spent the 4th of July in Park City with Mark's parents. They rented a townhouse in downtown Park City and Michael and Anna came out. Independence Day started off well. Mark, Michael, Anna and Elwin ran a 5K. While they were gone, I was doing a puzzle while Matthew played inside the house - or so I thought. Actually, he managed to get out the front door because it has a handle instead of a doorknob. Luckily a stranger stopped and had him go back in. After the runners got back, we went to a parade on Main Street. Matthew only had the patience to watch about a minute of the parade, but at least he saw some fire trucks.
 
Then Diane was sweet enough to watch the kids while the rest of us walked up to the ski resort. We got passes to do the Zip Line, Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster. We did the Zip Line first. I will admit that I was a bit nervous, but it was a lot of fun. Also, I must point out that I raced Mark down, and, even though he had a second or two head start on me, I cruised by him and crushed him at the finish line. Next we did the Alpine Slide, which brought back some memories for me. I did that same Alpine Slide at a family reunion close to twenty years ago. Last we did the Alpine Coaster, which was the most fun. And since it's connected to the track, you don't have to brake at all like you do on the Slide. To cap off the day, we watched fireworks from our balcony.
 
We ended up leaving on Friday so we could spend some time with my family. But before we left, Diane took Anna and I shopping at the outlet mall, and I have to say, we certainly did save Elwin a lot of money. :-)
 
Diane and Hannah
 
Mark, Matthew, Michael and Anna

Elwin, Anna, Mark and Michael

 

Me, Michael and Anna at the parade

Matthew and I

Mark and Matthew

Mark and I on ski lift

Michael, Me, Mark and Anna

Mark and I waiting for the zip line

Michael on the zip line

Elwin and Anna on the alpine slide

Me, Mark, Anna and Michael

Me, Michael, Anna and Elwin on the coaster

Watching the fireworks from our balcony
 

Matthew and Mark watching the fireworks

Mark and Hannah

Everybody sleeping
 
Matthew

 Anna and Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment