For Hannah's baby blessing, we were lucky enough to have both of our parents come out. After we left Park City, we came home and got the house ready to have everyone descend on our house. My family came over for a BBQ Friday night. I was actually terrible about taking pictures that weekend, so all my pictures I stole from Facebook. Mark and I bought furniture for a deck this summer so we can host large parties and what happens? It rains. Friday night it started raining really hard right before the chicken was to come off the grill, so we moved dinner indoors. Poor Mark had to stand out in the pouring rain to get the chicken off the grill.
Saturday morning, the boys went golfing while the girls went garage sale shopping. I had told my sisters-in-law that we have great garage sales here in Layton, but of course we choose the holiday weekend where hardly anyone is holding a garage sale. Saturday night we were hosting a BBQ for both my family and Mark's family, and of course it rains again. But we had a really fun time at dinner and then we played a fun round of boys vs. girls at Guesstures (which I had bought at a garage sale that morning). The prize for top performer would have to go to Serene, who picked up Matthew and hung him upside down to get us to guess the word "headstand."
Sunday morning was the baby blessing. Hannah was a perfect angel and slept through sacrament meeting and the blessing itself. She was awake for pictures in the foyer, but asleep for family pictures later. Matthew, on the other hand, was not exactly a perfect angel. My cousin Kaelyn was sweet enough to take charge of him during sacrament so I could focus on the blessing. Matthew actually really liked Kaelyn. He threw a fit during pictures, and refused to be in the photos. The only photo he is in is the one where Kaelyn is holding him. Oh well. It was Hannah's day anyways. After a big brunch at our house, all our family went their separate ways, leaving us with just my parents for a few days.
Dad, Me, Mark, Hannah and Mom
With my parents and my Dad's parents
Mark, Hannah and I
With My Family
With the Loveless Family
With All the Grandparents






No comments:
Post a Comment