Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Baton Rogue, Louisiana

On our way home from Florida, we stopped for a short lunch break and the Louisiana State Capitol in Baton Rogue, Louisiana. It was just a random decision to stop, and we are glad we did. The Capitol was fun to see, but the best part was that it had an observation deck on the 26th floor with lovely views of the Mississippi River. We even ate a delicious lunch in their cafeteria. Louisiana was an interesting place to drive through. On the southeast corner, the highway is miles of bridges going through swamps. The terrain was so different than anywhere I've ever been. Someday we'll have to go back and explore some more.

Louisiana State Capitol

Matthew

Hannah and I

Mark and Matthew

States listed on Capitol steps

View from Observation tower

View from Observation Tower

View of gardens

Matthew and I

Mark and Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment