Thursday, August 21, 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri: City Museum

The best part of Saint Louis was a museum called the City Museum. It's basically a gigantic indoor playground sculpted out of industrial materials. Re-bar was definitely a favorite. The building is huge, and there are no maps, so you just have to explore. Matthew loved the three story slide by the entrance. There were climbing cages everywhere. And if you find a random hole in the ground, it was probably a slide to a different area. Mark and I traded off with the kids and went exploring by ourselves. Here's an example of the museum: On the fourth floor, I found a whole in the wall. Crawling through it lead me to six spiral staircases all leading upwards. So I started climbing, and came to an entrance to the roof, where there is a Ferris wheel and such. There was also a 10-story spiral slide that took me down into a random cave area. I can't say enough how amazing this place was. Matthew could do a lot of the areas, but you had to follow him. Hannah really couldn't do too much. I think the perfect age would be 8-10. You should definitely add this to your bucket list.

View of some climbing cages and the 3-story slide

Matthew and Mark going down the 3-story slide

You can climb through an airplane

Matthew exploring outside

More climbing cages

Mark worked hard on a Lego house in the toddler area

Hannah

The treehouse area

Another view of the treehouse area

Hannah inside a whale

Hannah loved watching the turtles they had

We were rather sweaty by the end of the day

I know this is blurry, but Matthew's face is just so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment