Wednesday, August 27, 2014

King's Peak

For some reason, Mark got this idea in his head that it would be fun to run King's Peak, the tallest point in Utah, in one day. So he and his brother John set off on Saturday, July 26th. I should also mention that John had just flown in from officer training the night before. The woke up at 4 a.m. and drove the 3 hours to the trailhead, of course getting lost in the dark. The made good time up - 5 hours, I think. But going down took even longer, 5 1/2 hours. Then another 3 hour drive home. When they arrived home late that night, I asked them how it was, and the had these grimaces on their face. Apparently, it wasn't that fun at the time, but will make a great memory. And Mark says he would never do it again.



Mark and John




John

John

No comments:

Post a Comment